There was a question on http://forums.iis.net about having Apache and IIS7 on the same box. here are the instructions I tested on Vista RTM and Windows Server 2008 B3. This assumes you have two ip addresses on the box, 192.168.0.90 and 192.168.0.91. It can be any ip’s.
1) Added or make sure your machine has two ip’s
2) Open a command prompt
3) Type netsh
4) Type http
5) Type sho iplisten. It should be blank
6) Type add iplisten ipaddress=192.168.0.90
You should get IP address successfully added
7) Type sho iplisten again
It should sho 192.168.0.90 in the list
8) Type exit to get out of netsh
9) Type type netstat -an. See if you notice 192.168.0.90:80 in the list. If you see 0.0.0.0:80, do an iisreset
10) Download and install Apache ( I did it with 2.2.4)
11) Do a default install,
12) Open httpd.conf and adjust the ip listen to 192.168.0.91:80
# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, instead of the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
12) Restart the Apache service. (for some reason the start / stop thing didn’t work for me, I used net stop apache2 net start apache2.)
13) Type netstat -an
14) You should see 192.168.0.90:80 and 192.168.0.91:80. Open a browser and test both IP’s to see if IIS7 and Apache come up.
15) Test restarting Apache service to see if it works after that.
16) Turn off Apache, browse IIS, turn of IIS, browse Apache. Test it every which way to see if it works.
Hope this helps
9 thoughts on “IIS7 post #44 – IIS7 and Apache on the same machine.”
Iis7 post 44 iis7 and apache on the same machine.. Nice 🙂
What if I am to install IIS7 & WAMP on a Vista Business with only 1 IP address only?
Just learned adding ip address to my laptop but whenever i restart apache it calls for an error
It is not showing up on netstat -an, please help
thank you so much for this, it works perfect!
Not working on my server. netstat showing IP1:80 and IP2:80 (Apache) but site visible only on local browser. From the Internet I can’t see it. If I add IP2:8080 – can open page from internet too. Can somebody help?
Thanku so much, perfect help to me.
Nice solution. For us people who don’t have 2 IPs and prefer to use different port numbers instead, I thought I’d post my solution for doing so here: