I got a new shiny machine at home with lots of RAM, Disk space and six cores. This allowed me to setup the following environment
- Two host machines running windows 2012 R2 with hyper-v
- 1 domain controller
- 1 Server running System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator
- 1 Server running System Center 2012 R2 operations manager
- 1 Server running System Center 2012 R2 configuration manager
I downloaded the evaluations from MSDN and evaluation center.
I downloaded Orchestrator and SCOM from MSDN
For the most part, everything installed cleanly. A few to-do’s I have yet to confirm and figure out
- Windows firewall being enabled
- SQL RM0 Error when installing SCCM. I found the sqlclini.msi was zero byte file. I downloaded an SCCM 2012 SP1 version. Once I copied the \server1$AppsSC2012_R2_PREVIEW_SCCM_SCEPSMSSETUPBINX64sqlncli.msi, SCCM installed cleanly.
- I’ve also ran into a couple issues where the default gateway wouldn’t set, one on my domain controller. After I ran route delete 0.0.0.0 and set it manually a couple times, things worked.
I’m in the process of adding SCVMM 2012 R2 to another server. I have to P2V my one host, which is running windows 2012 w/SP1. This will allow me to learn the P2V and also update my one host to Server 2012 R2. I tried to allow live replication between my one host running 2012 SP1 and 2012 R2. I get an error. I’m not a VM guru, so this hopefully learn a bit more about SCVMM, App Controller
- Learn OSD
- Live Replication
- SCCM Application module
- APM management pack
Stay tuned for more blog posts. Oh btw, I’ll be tinkering with IIS 8.5 and the new logging features
Microsoft MVP – IIS