When I started with VMware vRealize Automation (vRA), one of the key items to learn is vRealize Orchestrator (aka vRO). As with any new technology, I like to have a stand-alone environment to try things.
vRA does not support deploying OVF’s out of the box. I wanted to make a catalog offering for vRO so I could try things over and over. This exercise helped me learn vRA better as well as making vRO available for a few technicians who will be developing vRO workflows. Here is a set of articles I used to create a catalog item. Any questions, let me know at http://twitter.com/steveschofield
- Import vRO appliance into vCenter
- Adjust template, including Addnetwork.sh script
- Verify data collection is working in vRA
- Add Key State Changes Property group, adjust to blueprint
- Setup Blueprint
- Setup vRO, import workflows
- Setup Event Broker
- Setup Catalog item
Disclaimer, with any VMware product, their licensing can vary. I encourage you to check with your VMware rep with any questions.